Monday, March 12, 2007

Week 20, Thing 23

Well, phooey, I don't really want this to be over. It's been a fun addition to my everyday workload. I'd have to say my favorites from this exercise would be Librarything, the generators, Bloglines/RSS feeds, and Flicker. All of these make me want to spend more time on the computer either creating really bad puns with cartoon character images, or gleaning info. from the massive cyber world out there. (Now if I could just figure out how to add 4 hours to our standard day, I might even get some of the above mentioned accomplished)

I'd say that all of the above were take-away surprises. I just don't spend much time on a computer away from work, since I spend all day in front of one here, so creating a desire to sit in front of a computer screen at home is definitely a surprise. I can also see how a lot of the podcasts etc, could be very helpful at work. That's not really a surprise, but I think it could be a great help here and we should explore, explore, explore!

I really don't have any complaints about the way Learning 2.0 was set up. I'd almost want to make it mandatory (eeewww nasty word that mandatory!) though, because I know people who didn't try it and I think they're really missing out. On top of which I think they'd enjoy it if they'd just give it a try. I do know that if something like this was offered again, I would definitely participate!!!! Amazingly enough, I'd even do if free stuff wasn't involed! ;)

2 comments:

Minerva said...

Congratulations! (Shower of balloons and confetti.)

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations - you finished! Thank you for all the helpful feedback. It's nice to hear that you actually found some new, fun things to do on the Internet.