Friday, February 16, 2007

Week 6 Thing 15


Icebergs
Originally uploaded by bods.

O.k. I have been the obedient worker bee and have read "Away from Icebergs", "To better bibliographic services" and "To a temporary place in time". I never know what to say about articles like this, but I want that flash drive so.... ;)

Away from icebergs: O.k. he's told us what he thinks is wrong, now come up with a way to fix it. Why is it these "doomsayers" always rattle on about what's wrong, but rarely seem to have solutions to fix their perceived problems. It's not that he doesn't perhaps have valid concerns, it's just that I'd like to see some suggestions to move forward with. For example: if the people won't come to us, how about we go to them. Could we have our own "Geek Squad", and perhaps expand the ILS system to some form of home/dorm delivery system? These are ideas that are completely off the cuff without any planning or even real thought, but at least they offer something positive to try, rather than just stating we "need to change".

O.K. this is me meekly stepping off my soapbox now. Perhaps I should cut down on the caffeine!

Learning 2.0 is a great way to find out what's out there on the web. I looked back at my flicker blog and saw that it was tough for me at first, but I had no problem getting this picture in this post. Perhaps there's hope for me yet! ;)

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Good work all around. The photo, the blogging, the literature review :).

Last week at PLA we were talking about the whole idea of home delivery and that it could be the ideal service for people who are willing to pay a small surcharge for the postage. Now, "in person" delivery would be even more exciting!