Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Week 4 Thing 8

Well, I've read the informational items for RSS and newsreaders. I'm still wondering how people manage to read the copiuos amounts of information that some of them seem to be reading, but then I guess most of them aren't gardeners, or scrapbookers. ;) It should be interesting to try this out though, especially if there are blogs on the previously mention subjects!!!

I've also played with Bloglines and have 16 different feeds in my "file" This was really fun and I can finally understand why people might become computer hermits. ;) I didn't have a problem with adding feeds until I tried the 3rd way listed. It consisted of copying just the name of the blog if it was on Blogspot etc. It just didn't work for me and as far as I can tell, I was doing it exactly the way I should have. I did add several with the subscribe link that Bloglines supplies in its list of feeds. That was super easy and left out the copy and pasting steps. Much more efficient. Tomorrow I try the URL address challenge.

2 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

It sounds like you are enjoying exploring the Web 2.0 tools and thinking about them and their role in your professional and personal life.

Minerva said...

You can also get RSS feeds for things like online sales, etc. New deals will pop up in your Bloglines account. Yippee!